Employment at NEGS
NEGS invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced applicants for the following positions.
House Mother / Duty Staff
full time and casual positions (from Term 1, 2019)
NEGS has a strong boarding community with students predominantly from regional communities. We are seeking a mature aged, warm, reliable and energetic House Mother/Duty Staff member to contribute actively to our students physical, spiritual and pastoral care.
- The position will report to the Director of Boarding.
- Accommodation and meals will be provided for the successful applicant when on shift and when overnight stays are required.
- Applicants must be available and willing to work weekends and/or weeknights on a rostered basis.
To apply for the position a letter of application and curriculum vitae should be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 3:00pm FRIDAY, 30th November 2018.
The role of House Mother includes the following:
- The general day-to-day running of the boarding house while on shift, including pastoral care of boarders.
- Submitting catering numbers to the Dining Hall as and when required.
- Upholding NEGS boarding discipline procedures.
- Being available on call as required.
- Working on a roster system as determined by the Director of Boarding.
- Coordinating House activities in consultation with the Director of Boarding and Head of House.
- Liaising with the Health Centre as required.
- Conducting administrative functions as delegated by the Director of Boarding and Head of House, which may include end of term travel arrangements, pupil recovery, communicating with parents.
- Participating in team meetings as required.
- Conducting offsite transport for boarders including sport and town visits.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Maintaining an effective working relationship with the Director of Boarding and Head of House.
- Maintaining an effective respectful relationship with girls in the House.
- Carry out duties and tasks as directed by the Director of Boarding and Head of House.
- Adherence to the discipline policy.
The roster will be on a weekly basis and include Monday 3pm – Friday 8.30am, including every second Sunday night within a school term.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
- Hold a current WWCC number
- Hold a current First Aid Certificate
- Hold current Anaphylaxis and Asthma certification
- Be working towards or have achieved a Tertiary qualification
- Experience in a boarding house – desirable.
- Experience in working with teenagers – desirable
- Hold a current Driver’s Licence