Full Time, permanent position
Head of Department: Mathematics/Science starting Term 1, 2018
Armidale, the educational and cultural centre of New England, is a regional city with air links to Sydney and Brisbane daily. City living at country prices.
NEGS has a long tradition of excellence in academia and is looking to appoint a dynamic educator Head of Mathematics/Science teacher to further enhance our offering. This specialised person will lead a dedicated and experienced facility, further enhancing its academic depth. Teaching methods would be Mathematics and it is desirable that this person could take Extension II Mathematics in the future. This role would also include initiating and implementing a plan for the future growth of the department and working closely with the Director of Teaching and Learning and Deputy Principal in order to facilitate effective communication and invigorating of their department.
Duties will include teaching, pastoral and general school duties also including:
· organisation of programs and assessments
· facilitating a wide range of experiences inside and outside the classroom to enhance student outcomes
· collaborating with all teaching staff to promote student engagement
· responsibility for a tutor group
· suitable tertiary qualifications, including teaching qualifications
· a current Working with Children Check
· a commitment to life-long learning and a passion for teaching
· a willingness to work as part of a team within the whole School teaching staff and work collegially both within and external to, your faculty
· support the Christian ethos of the school
· excellent organisational skills
· understanding of the NESA Mathematics and Science syllabus documents
· maintaining links with the local community
· current First Aid Certificate
Applications should contain a full curriculum vitae, including university transcripts, a statement of current employer. Please address applications to the Principal.
Applications close Monday 13th November, 2017